Lucapa Unearths Two Huge Rare Diamonds at Lulo Mine

Lucapa Diamond Company has recently reported the discovery of two rough diamonds, each weighing over 100 carats, at its Lulo mine in Angola, Diamond World reports.


Within a span of two days, the first diamond, a 162.42-carat type IIa gem, is scheduled to be part of the company’s regular run-of-mine sales later this month. The second, weighing 116.14 carats, will be included in a future tender.


In other mining news, Firestone Diamonds has uncovered a 215-carat rough at its Liqhobong mine in Lesotho. This find stands as the largest high-quality stone ever unearthed at the site. The company has announced its plans to make the diamond available for purchase through a competitive bidding tender process, with scheduled viewings set to take place in Antwerp and Dubai. Firestone currently holds a 75% stake in the Liqhobong mine, while the remaining 25% is owned by the government of Lesotho.


BRON: Israeli Diamond News 13-3-2024