Elegance made a return at the 2023 Golden Globe Awards on Tuesday, with celebrities strolling the red carpet in black outfits featuring diamonds and white metals.
Platinum made a notable appearance, while earrings, bracelets and necklaces were largely understated and complementary. Colored gems and yellow and rose gold played a supporting role.
Tiffany & Co. dominated the red carpet, but actresses wore jewels from a range of major brands and smaller designers. De Beers Jewellers, vintage jeweler Fred Leighton and diamond jeweler Kwiat also took much of the spotlight.
Here are some of the red-carpet jewelry highlights from the television and movie awards ceremony, which took place at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California.
Julia Garner, Selena Gomez and Emma D’Arcy were among the stars who sparkled in De Beers diamond jewels.
Julia Garner wore the following:
- De Beers Swan Lake diamond necklace in 18-karat white gold with 23.95 carats of diamonds;
- De Beers Classic marquise diamond stud earrings in 18-karat white gold;
- De Beers Dewdrop diamond single ear cuff in 18-karat white gold;
- De Beers five-line diamond ring totaling 1.75 carats set in 18-karat white gold.
Selena Gomez wore more than 22 carats of De Beers diamonds, including:
- De Beers Aden diamond earrings set in platinum, 10.12 carats;
- De Beers Volute pear-shaped diamond ring set in platinum, 6.80 carats;
- De Beers Adonis Rose pear-shaped diamond ring set in platinum, 5.39 carats.
- De Beers Aura yellow-diamond earrings set in 18-karat white gold;
- De Beers Enchanted Lotus high-jewelry diamond ring set in 18-karat white gold.
Actress Laverne Cox wore the following Fred Leighton and Kwiat diamond and platinum jewels:
- Fred Leighton, circa 1950 diamond and platinum stylized leaf brooch by Sterle, worn in hair;
- Kwiat Legacy Fireworks earrings with diamonds set in platinum;
- Fred Leighton Art Deco diamond and platinum bracelet;
- Fred Leighton 1920s diamond and platinum bracelet;
- Fred Leighton circa 1910 old European twin-stone ring in platinum;
- Fred Leighton, circa 1910 old European-cut, 3.50-carat diamond and diamond ring;
- Kwiat Classic round brilliant diamond eternity band in platinum.
Actress Janelle James also wore a number of Fred Leighton and Kwiat jewels including:
- Fred Leighton Edwardian diamond and platinum filigree pendant necklace;
- Kwiat marquise- and pear-shaped diamond pendant earrings in platinum;
- Fred Leighton Art Deco diamond bracelets in platinum;
- Fred Art Deco cabochon sapphire and diamond line bracelet in platinum;
- Fred Leighton Art Deco cabochon sapphire and diamond ring in platinum.
Actress Jean Smart chose vintage jewels from Fred Leighton. Among the pieces were 1960s diamond spray pendant earrings in platinum by David Webb, a 1930s diamond and platinum bracelet, and two 1950s platinum and diamond rings.
Some of the biggest stars chose diamond and platinum jewels from Tiffany. Among them:
Michelle Williams in jewelry by Tiffany:
- Tiffany Victoria diamond vine drop earrings;
- Tiffany Victoria band ring with diamonds.
Hilary Swank in jewelry by Tiffany:
- Tiffany Archives earrings with emeralds and diamonds (1926-1929);
- Tiffany Victoria mixed cluster bracelet with diamonds;
- Etoile five-row band ring with pavé diamonds.
Hannah Einbinder in jewelry by Tiffany:
- Tiffany Victoria diamond vine necklace;
- Tiffany Victoria alternating graduated necklace with diamonds;
- Tiffany Victoria vine tennis bracelet with diamonds;
- Tiffany Victoria cluster tennis bracelet with diamonds;
- Tiffany Victoria diamond vine band ring.
Anya Taylor-Joy in jewelry by Tiffany:
- Tiffany Schlumberger Hands necklace with diamonds in platinum and gold;
- Tiffany Schlumberger Hands bracelet with diamonds in platinum and gold;
- Tiffany Schlumberger Cones with petals ear clips in platinum and gold.
Rihanna, a nominee for Best Original Song in a Motion Picture, sparkled in Cartier High Jewelry platinum and diamond earrings and a Cartier Sixième Sens High Jewelry necklace featuring 18-karat white gold and diamonds.
Actress Letitia Wright wore a pair of Bulgari Heritage earrings in white gold and diamonds as well as a High Jewelry platinum ring centered with a square emerald-cut, 2-carat diamond flanked by two round brilliant-cut diamonds and completed with pavé diamonds.
Lily James wore Harry Winston jewels on the red carpet, including:
- Sunflower diamond necklace (25.31 carats), set in platinum;
- Sunflower diamond earrings (4.35 carats), set in platinum;
- Sunflower diamond ring (2.35 carats), set in platinum;
- Sparkling cluster diamond ring (2.31 carats), set in platinum.
Actress Jennifer Coolidge was one of the few celebrities who chose to complement her black dress with the same color. She shone in a number of distinctive yellow gold and diamond jewels by Graziela Gems, including:
- Large diamond Rio earrings in yellow gold;
- Asa diamond bypass ring in yellow gold;
- Diamond marquise long Ascension ring in yellow gold;
- Diamond Entanglement ring in yellow gold.
Actress Britt Lower wore contemporary pieces by Reza, including the high-jewelry brand’s Y’dol white and darkened gold chandelier earrings with red spinels and diamonds, and the Dune white gold design ring centering a cabochon ruby with diamond highlights.
Monica Barbaro wore Norman Silverman diamond flower earrings and Reza’s Ecrou white gold band with baguette diamonds and a diamond band in white gold with round diamonds.
Kaley Cuoco was spotted on the red carpet wearing Rahaminov diamond and platinum jewels, including a diamond bypass ring featuring diamonds of 3.01 and 3.02 carats and 18-karat white gold diamond radiant earrings.
Actress Abby Elliot was one of the few who chose to go with colored gems. She wore the Dale Novick 18-karat yellow gold earrings set with white sapphire, pink tourmaline and citrine, and an 18-karat gold unisex citrine ring. She also wore a Chinchar Maloney 17-carat, vivid-red and pink tourmaline ring; and a carnelian ring by Alessandra Camilla Milano.
Actress Naomi Scott opted for jewels from a number of designers, including diamond earrings by Edward Avedis, a Clarity Cube all-diamond link ring by Mindi Mond New York, an emerald and two Nicole Rose jewels: an emerald and diamond wrap ring and a five-row ring in 14-karat white gold and diamonds.
Comedian Nicole Byer wore Mega Galaxy earrings by Mindi Mond New York.
BRON: Rapaport 12-1-2023